Tables for Eight
Tables for Eight is a new opportunity for singles and couples of all ages, to become better acquainted with others in the church, build new friendships and community, and enjoy a monthly meal at someone's home. A Table for Eight grouping is assigned for a four month session (Sept. Oct. Nov. Dec.), (Jan. Feb. Mar. Apr.), and (May, June, July, Aug.). Deadline for the first session is August 10, second session is December 10, and third session is April 10. You may register at any time and be placed on the "Substitute List" until the next session begins; then you'll become a "Regular." Registration form can be found here and also at the Information Desk.
How it works:
- Congregational Life Committee will group eight people from those participating. If a couple signs up, they are counted as two of the eight.
- Each Table for Eight decides the day and time they'll meet.
- A Table for Eight grouping is assigned for a four month session (Sept. Oct. Nov. Dec.), (Jan. Feb. Mar. Apr.), and (May, June, July, Aug.). Participants are reassigned each session. Reassignments are made by email or phone.
- Hosting is rotated among the group. The host is responsible for the main dish and beverages, and the remaining members bring the rest of the meal, e.g. appetizer, salad and bread, vegetable, and dessert. At the end of each gathering, the group decides who will host next and when to meet.
- At the end of the year, participants will evaluate the program and modifications may be made.
- Does this have to be a dinner?
No. This may be a brunch, lunch or even just appetizers/desserts and beverages. Each group decides this, but dinner seems to fit people's schedules better.
- Do I have to host?
Ideally, this will give each participant an opportunity to host; however, if you are unable to do this, accommodations may be made within the group.
- What if I don't like to cook?
The food contribution does not have to be "homemade."
- Is this a Bible Study group?
No. There is no set agenda.
- What is the dress attire?
- Do I have to sign up for each four month session?
No. Unless you notify Pam Otto by the deadline (see next question), we will assume you're participating the following session.
- What are the deadlines?
Deadline for the first session (Sept. - Dec.) is August 10, second session (Jan. - Apr.) is December 10, and third session (May - Aug.) is April 10.
- May I sign up for a specific four month session?
Yes. Sign up sheets will always be available at the Information Desk, and we will accommodate your request. Tables may be configured to accommodate the number of participants.
- May I sign up as a "Substitute?"
Yes. This list will be used to fill in when regulars cannot attend. The substitute will contribute to the meal.
- If someone from the "Substitute List" cannot attend, may I invite someone else?
Definitely. Hopefully this will encourage new people to sign up next session.
Further questions: Contact Pam Otto 402 593-8570 or email@example.com